Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Monday, October 3, 2011

Countdown to Cleveland

The Cleveland weekend is almost here... but before I can scratch another state off my list, I must fly to Denver and then head to Wyoming.  I am headed back to Cheyenne and Rawlins.  I have my fingers crossed that the weather is better this trip, so I can enjoy the rangeland.  I do feel pretty confident, however, that I have seen what there is to see in Cheyenne short of Frontier Days.

My trip is hectic.  There is really no good way to get to Wyoming.  I will fly into Denver (but to time to see friends), and drive to Cheyenne.  It is a short drive, doable in about 2-2 1/2 hours if you leave from the airport.  There is not much to see on that drive - lots of exits to places I have visited... Boulder, Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Fort Collins... and then you get to Cheyenne.  What can I say really?  Years ago, I made a road trip there to check it out.  I visited the Boots (public art displays), I did a Capital Dome tour, I walked through the downtown area.  Nothing exciting.

This trip I have one night there and I will make the trip back down to Denver....

Once home, I have one night before I get to play in Cleveland.  I don't know why, but I am looking forward to my trip.  I am excited to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I am anxious to be cheesy at the Christmas Story Museum, and I am itching for a roller coaster... I have not rode a coaster in a few years, so I am long overdue.  The best part, I have a good friend going with me, so we can be cheesy together!

No comments:

Post a Comment