Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Monday, May 16, 2011

Up the Dalton Highway to the Arctic Circle

I will write the how story soon, but I had to let it be known that I had a blast in Fairbanks Alaska.  I know that it is not much to look at, there is not much to do, it has lots of foul weather (home of the 40-50 below)  and the downtown is (in short) pathetic.  BUT - I got lucky, the weather kicked into gear when I was there.  I met some really nice people and was "shown the town". 

The highlight of the trip was my version of Ice Road Truckers, Spring Edition.  With a new friend, I traveled up the Dalton Highway past the official Arctic Cicle line.  Honestly, it did not look like anything I was expecting.  With the Black Spruce and Aspen trees, the fire damage and the wildlife, it had lots in common the with the upper Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

I have lots of stories and pictures to share... stay tuned for typical Janine travel craziness. 

I just could not wait to get that off my chest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment