Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Does Big Foot Come Out in the Middle of Winter?

Apparently there have been Big Foot sitings near Mt St Helens for years!  Why didn't I know that?  Why did I think that Big Foot was in the Appalachian Mountains.  Well, looks like Big Foot gets around, or there are more than one.  Must be, because while looking up information for my short trip in the Pacific NW, I found information on sightings:
Neat.. but 2 problems for this fun seeker.  (1) Big Foot only seems to be seen in warmer months according to the sites.  YMaybe it is because more people are out hiking, fishing and hunting in the warmer months.  Or maybe it hibernates.  No matter - not much to see in February.  (2) What are you looking for?  Unlike ghost tours in set location... there is no consistency here.  It is spotted all over the place.  Pictures are online... footprints are not permanent.  Can't do a tour of the forest... what are you going to do? 

The stories are fun, but I am not going to trounce around looking for a footprint in the snow.  I'll just ask my company to watch the forest as we drive to the look out point. 

 Back in Portland,  I will take my friend to the haunted pizzeria and hope for a ghost siting instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment