Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Big Surprise, It is Raining in Oregon

I leave tomorrow for my quick excursion around the Oregon coast (well, really for work, but fun comes first)... just checked the weather to pack, and of course, it is raining.  I should have known better than to get my hopes up for a nice hike around the sand dunes, or the quick trip north to a view point for Mt St Helens.  Here's hoping that the rain isn't a downpour or create a mist.  I would still like to enjoy this outing.  The aquarium will be fine in the rain, and I know that I can kill hours in there, but I do not know if my friend will be as excited as I to watch an octopus or read the displays on tide pools.  Reading up on Seal Cave, it does not seem like there is a lot of activity in the winter, just them congregating in the cave - so that should be okay in the rain as well.  But there will not be a short hike in Astoria around the Lewis and Clark Historical Site if the weather does not cooperate.  And, I will not be able to take many noteworthy pictures... guess I will find out soon...

I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment