Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Friday, June 24, 2016

Storm at Folly Beach



I am jumping trips again... I want to share this picture that circulated on ABC news because it was mine!  I was excited when I was contacted by ABC New York after posting this shot on Instagram... it was taken Friday, June 17 at Folly Beach as a microburst began to blanket the area.  Finally out from under the pier, it was finally cooling off to a decent temperature, little did I know, over my shoulder, this was forming... As you can see, over the water, the sky is clear, and that was what I was looking over as I read my Kindle.   The winds picked up and my date started screaming that we needed to leave; I turned around to see this.  It looks like something out of an apocalypse movie.     We packed up, and I snapped a few shots as we were hightailing it to Rita's before the storm opened up... and when it did, it rained so hard, it came through the ceiling of the outdoor bar area and knocked out the power for the entire area.  It was doozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment