Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Have Officially Completed States 48& 49!!

I am back!!!

I did it. 2950 miles in and around North Dakota and Minnesota. On that ten day trip I tackled: 2 National Parks, 2 National Monuments, 6 state parks, 3 city/regional parks, 3 art museums, 2 aquariums, 1 zoo, 1 amusement park in the mall (Mall of America), countless roadside Americana statues, stood at the center of the North America, toured a major city (and 2 smaller ones), crossed/almost crossed the Canadian border 3 times, and saw 1 New Kids concert! I dipped my toes (or more) into Lake Superior, Lake Metigoshe in North Dakota, Lake Itasca in north central Minnesota, Lake Kabetogoama in northern Minnesota and the headwaters of the Mississippi River. I probably hiked over 40 miles in total. I saw many gorgeous waterfalls. Visited a few lighthouses. And spotted some grand wildlife, including my first wild wolf! The weather was kind to me - with only 2 real days of rain that worked with my schedule (I was able to do what I wanted before it poured) and it only got truly cold 2 days while visited (damn that Lake Superior weather effect).

I have a thousand pictures to get through. I will post stories on each state separately... and might split Minnesota in to 2.

There was so much to see. As I say - It's a Big Country - Someone Has to See It! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment