Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A few pics from Alaska

I finally downloaded the pictures off my small camera.  I took my good camera on the trip; I was hoping to see the aurora, but it never showed.  So, that camera stayed in its case, and my purse camera jumped from my interior pocket to take very quick pictures.  I just did not think that the cameras would be able to work for very long in the extreme cold of the arctic... hoping to keep the battery warm, I kept it close.

I will add more with the next chapter of commentary...

Snow piled at City Park - Anchorage




View of the horizon on flight from Deadhorse to Barrow

Me standing on the Arctic Ocean (and yes, I brought my purse out onto the ice).

Want to know what Barrow looks like in December?

The "famous" whalebone arch.


Moon over the Arctic (at noon)

The Barrow Airport!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment