Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Okay, I Have Slacked! I Have Been On the Road!

I really do not know where the time has gone... if you find the summer, the month of September or October, please let me know.  How is it snowing already?  How come my cold weather jackets are already in circulation?  What happened to the time?

I must apologize, I slacked writing here after Columbus Day weekend.  I have started writing about Ohio - and I do have a lot to write about; I started a post and have it saved in "draft" form.  Before I could get a handle on that, I had a few events around Virginia that took my attention and then I headed to Florida.  I am writing tonight rfom New Orleans, a week after I left for Florida and less than a few days since I returned from the Sunshine State... yep - in one week, I have been in 11 airports (damn connections).  Honestly, I am exhausted... and I have a few more weeks like this ahead of me.  I have a weekend visiting a friend in Pittsburgh and the holiday weekend with family planned in November. 

My year has really been like this the whole time.  People often ask me if I like traveling this much... and yes, I do.  It is the beauty of being single, I can just go.  This year has been full of friends and new experiences.  While it is enough to make you pass-out (at times), it also keeps me plugged into so many areas across the country - it gives me ties to other regions, it allows me to visit friends in various corners.  Yes, my condo would love my attention (and maybe a maid), but in all honestly, I do not sit still very well.  If I am idle for more than a few weeks, I get antsy.  Yet, I don't love travel like I have done in recent weeks, where I am home for one day... so maybe, there is a way to strike a balance.  All I need to do it is hit the lotto to fuel my wallet for all of these excursions and to give me some flexibility in planning ... Disney, the French Quarter all in one week is enough to make a girl cry from all the sought after art and jewelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment