Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Work in Anchorage - Only a Little Time to Play

Following my Fairbanks excursion, I headed back to Anchorage.  While I was there mostly for work, I was able to see a few friends and take in a few new sites.

I will write about my experience at the Native American Heritage Center (I threw arrows), the Saturday market (I met my favorite Alaska artist), re-visited some of my favorite jewelry stores, and took in the Mammoth and Mastodon exhibit at the Anchorage Museum . . . and of course, there was halibut!  Yummy!




A friend of mine took me to the Native American Heritage Center for the first time.  Yep - in all my trips to Alaska, I had never visited this site.  Usually I always headed out of town, but with a 1/2 day, this was the perfect trip.  Here, there was a museum, a hall for talks and special events, and an open area outside that reminded me of the Disney Epcot's Circle of Nations... only this was Circle of Tribal Nations.


(more to come! - promise)

No comments:

Post a Comment