Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Friday, April 1, 2011

Lots to Plan and Do

A crazy couple of months are ahead... I love to travel, but it can be exhausting.  The packing and unpacking, the time zone switches, the airports, the extra hours at work because of it... it is a love-hate relationship.

I I leave for a week in New Orleans on Sunday... I am excited, because after work, I am flying my mother out and we will "do" French Quarter Fest.  I have been to JazzFest a few times and done Marti Gras in the rain and in good weather, but I have not been to this festival yet.  I am a big fan of New Orleans - lived there for a few months for a work detail and explored more off of the surrounding areas and try to get out whenever I am lucky enough to go.... this trip, I threw my hands up and said enough was enough, my mom  needed to go (she has never visited).  It will be good to be back...  and she will love the art and architecture of the French Quarter,

I then am headed back to Denver the following week.  I will be spending 4 days downtown for the Bar Association Dispute Conference.  I hope for good weather and some evenings with good friends.

When I get back, a good friend and I are day-tripping to Richmond to see the Picasso exhibit at the Virginia Art Museum.  We both have a hectic schedule, and the only week that lined up with the showing and our schedules was after 2 weeks on the road.

In May, I am gearing up for 2 weeks in Alaska.  For the first time I will be headed to Fairbanks.  I am hoping that some tours open a little early since I am getting there the week before the official start of tourist season.  I want to take a weekend and see the Arctic Circle with my own 2 eyes.  When I am in Anchorage, I will catch up with a few friends.

June will likely have me returning to Colorado... and I hope to like that to a new state for the year... Maybe Oklahoma???  I have to go there before the end of the fiscal year for a few days, so I should plan that and time a few days to explore.

And I still not have been home to Jersey for the holidays.  =-(

Good thing I just bought new luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment