Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Friday, March 4, 2011

Getting Ready for the Next Trip

Headed on for a work trip to Denver on Sunday... well, that is almost true - what I am doing is flying to Denver for work, but taking a quick side trip to Vegas to visit a friend for one day and then going back to Denver.  Yep, you read that right, I am headed to Vegas again and I am going for a WHOLE DAY! 

A girlfriend will be in Vegas for work and asked for me to join in on the fun.  I could not go the whole time, but I was able to squeeze in one day.  Luckily, flights from Denver are cheap enough to justify this insanity.

I know I was just there for a quick weekend in January, but this time is with a different friend.  Scheduling doesn't afford us much time to goof-off together.  And, let's face it, work has not been kind to either of us.

I plan to window shop on Monday - looking at all the expensive things.  I actually like window shopping at super expensive boutiques and galleries; there is no chance I can be temped to buy anything that I see.   I just collect business cards and note what I like.  I can't justify some of those price-tags on a federal salary... but it is still fun. (maybe when I hit the lotto.)  That evening, we have tickets to see the Jabbawockees. Dinner and a show and maybe something else.   It will be a quick girl's trip before I have to get down to seriousness in Denver.

I know I am going to be exhausted (have a 6 am flight from Vegas to Denver).  I will sleep on the plane and hopefully my hotel in Denver will let me check in early to get cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment