So, the trip is essentially Cleveland area highlights stuffed into 3 days with some extra time to travel. There is more to do there then 3 days allows, so some choices were in order. To satisfy our roaming desires, we wanted to sample as much as possible:
- Cedar Point - considered the capital of US amusement parks (for roller coasters), this was an absolute must. Growing up, I thought I could be a roller coaster rater... I loved them. I had heard of the craziness there - being from NJ, Great Adventure was our hang out. We never got to this park. Now, we are dedicating a day of our short trip for this adventure. Loops, drops, corkscrews, twists and turns - bring it on!!!
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - I cannot wait. I have seen that they have a special exhibit on women rockers and that is fantastic. Since I have never been there, it will all be new. I have heard that you can spend a day here listening to music and getting lost in the history... but I can't
- A Christmas Story House - "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out"; "I can't put my arms down;""Daddy's going to kill Ralphie;" "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine;" " Ohhhh Fuudge." I could keep going. I love this movie, and the home is there in Cleveland. Yep, the home of the leg lamp, where the neighbors damn dogs ate the holiday turkey, where Frankie hid under the sink home... and it is a must.
- The Cleveland Art Museum - Heard that it has a solid collection of Warhols in their Contemporary Collection. They are known for their decorative arts collection, full of sculpture of various materials like silver, ceramic, stone. They are most famous for their Ancient Egyptian collection full of sculptures, vessels and other objects.
- The Cuyahoga Valley National Park - The only national park in Ohio, it is not too far to make the journey. I understand it has old settlement ruins, a railroad that can take you on a tour, a working farm area, good trails and WATERFALLS! We need time outside and this is just the ticket.