Mission

MISSION: To visit every state and territory in the U.S. For my mission a visit is greater than a stop over; I wish to explore the natural and cultural environments of these areas. Each of these locations has a story to tell, and I want to find it.


As of February 2018 I have visited all 50 states (and Puerto Rico and 2 island in the US Virgin Islands) at least once.


Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Updates Pending - Lots of Them - Keep Checking Back

No surprises here, I have fallen behind.  I have a few posts pending, and some great pictures to share.  I have been taking a lots of long weekend trips, making it a very fun and busy summer.  I need to get caught up because I have a few great park trips lined up for the fall. 


Coming soon, you can expect the final post on my Canadian Adventure in Ontario and lots of amazing pictures (if I do say so myself).  Here is a glimpse of the beauty on 1000 Isles National Park near Kingston.  To see this river park, my friend and I did a dinner sunset cruise... and it was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  Over 1700 small islands were scattered over the southern St Lawrence river creating a hopscotch pattern as you looked over the waters.  Simply stunning.





I also want to write up my New Kids on the Block weekend in early August, where I met a friend in New York for a show in Coney Island and then turned around and met other friends in Hershey for a party and concert.  I have not been to Coney Island since high school - so seeing it cleaned up was wonderful... and in Hershey, I took time to visit the Botanical Gardens before I headed home and collapsed from exhaustion.  Whirlwind!

In fact, I need to find a way to capture all the amazing concerts I saw this summer.  It has been a summer of music.  I keep track of all my Broadway shows through Playbill Database; I wish there was a way to track my concerts.  I saw some legends... Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Billy Joel, Hall and Oates, Kristen Chenoweth...




And finally, I want to do Cooperstown justice.  I recently spent a long weekend in this small village with my boyfriend... yes, doing the baseball thing, but also soaking up the gorgeous scenery.  We smushed so much into that weekend, he is still tired.  Baseball, classic cars, the lake, it would have been a perfect weekend without the killer, endless, thunderstorms... .but then again, it was my trip, so of course it rained/poured.




And if my hands don't completely cramp up, I need to write more on my trip to the Dominican Republic.  I had high hopes after that trip of sharing, and I did post many pictures on Instagram, but writing was tiring, and I am convinced I was sick for over a month with aftereffects of Zika... you can't tell me I didn't get it - I was so tired and achy - way too much for a 4 day trip!  I don't have that excuse anymore, and I need to write about Santo Domingo and the Ecological Preserve!


And if I am calling back to earlier in the summer, I also need to write up my birthday trip to Charleston, SC.  I avoided writing about it since I was so unimpressed with so much.  I found too many tour providers to quick to make comments denigrating "northerns" and some interesting rewriting of history.  With some time and space, I can admit that the city was pretty, but the people, not so much.  I, honestly, do not get all the love travel magazines have been showing the city recently.  But I wanted to see it... I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment